Apart from the horseback riding here at Rising K Ranch, there are many great, memorable things to do in Southern Utah's Zion and Bryce Canyon area! Here are just a few off the top of my head:
1. Fishing. My own favorite places for fishing around here are Panguitch Lake with its streams and the Sevier River if you are headed to Bryce Canyon. If you are headed to Zion, then Kolob Reservoir has some great fishing! If you happen to be going north to Salt Lake, the Provo River is some of the best fishing in the USA- people come from all over to fly-fish there!
2. Hiking up Kanarra Falls. This is a great little 5 hour or so hike only ten miles south of Rising K Ranch! It's a miniature version of Zion National Park's "The Narrows". You walk in water most of the time so go when it's warm.
3. Zion National Park. My favorite trails in Zion National Park itself are definitely Angel's Landing, the Narrows, and Observation Point. Keep in mind that Zion gets about six million visitors every year so unless its winter, you should start your hikes early in the morning (start before sunup) to avoid the crowds. If you are visiting Zion with little children, then do "Weeping Rock" and "Emerald Pools" as they are both easy and short hikes that stil show off the beauty of Zion National Park!
4. Bryce Canyon National Park. My own favorite trail there is the "Peekaboo Loop". There is also a 3 hour horse and mule ride called Canyon Rides that you can take that follows that trail twice a day.
5. Best food in Cedar City, only six miles north of Rising K Ranch. I'll tell you the ones I would hit if I were only visiting Cedar City:
Best Mexican Restaurant- "Brody's"
Best Pizza- "Pizza Cart"
Best Steakhouse- "Milt's" or "Rusty's"
Best Diner- "All-American Diner" on Main Street.
Best Fancy Wear-A-Tie Italian- "Chef Alfredo's"
6. Lodging. By the time I get to go to sleep, I'm tired. Some of my best night's sleep have been on the ground or on a wooden bunk with only a blanket. Therefore, I am not a good hotel critic. However, I do know of a newly built, two-bedroom vacation rental home only about 3 miles from the Ranch. If you call me up at the Rising K Ranch Phone Number I can get you the phone number for that house.
7. There is a world-renowned Shakespeare Festival right here in Cedar City UT. All summer long there are various plays and musical events.
Of course, there are many other things to see and do here in the Zion/ Bryce Canyon National Park area! I hope you have a great time here in Southern Utah!